It all started with a desire to have pink gloves.
Angie Raja was in the market for pink weight lifting gloves to match her fab workout gear, but couldn’t find any. All the store offerings were the staid and predictable blue, black or grey. Colin asked Angie to design a pair. He leveraged his contacts in the manufacturing world. Soon Angie had two things: a wedding proposal from Colin—and her pink gloves. Over time, as Angie turned up to the gym with her fab new accessories, other members would ask her, “Where did you get those pink gloves?”
And so RIMSports was born. Today, the product line features products beyond gloves. There are knee sleeves, resistance bands, lifting grips, dip bars for personal gyms and professional athletes. Angie and Colin Raja were written up in Forbes last year, as their start-up had already catapulted to a $1 million in revenue. The Rajas were ultimately able to leave their corporate jobs in New York City and pursue their business full time.
Verne Harnish, founder of the Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization, once said, the cheapest money you can get is revenue gleaned from selling your own products (versus venture capital or a business loan). Angie Raja is our featured guest at the next LadyDrinks mentoring luncheon. Learn how she scaled quickly, and hit a million dollars October 22nd. Only three members are invited to this lunch.
- Don’t miss our October 3rd PUBLIC SPEAKING CLASS for leaders this Thursday. RSVP here https://bit.ly/2KhnnU8
- Oct 10th LadyDrinks Webinar “Building Company Cultures with Author Leena Patel” https://bit.ly/2TfISYn
- Oct 17th LadyDrinks Diwali Bazaar https://bit.ly/2kD7Unw
- Nov 14th Workshop with Efficiency Expert Ari Meisel https://bit.ly/2nnCsLr
- Nov 14th Lunch and Learn with networking expert J. Kelly Hoey, author of Build Your Dream Network