Here is a lightning round of what you need to know about NY Fashion Week as it gets underway, and how you can take part
1. The first NY Fashion week was held in 1943, during WWII, when fashion industry insiders were unable to travel to Paris to see French fashion shows
2. 2019 is the year of Tom Ford. Ford is the newly-crowned chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). Diane Von Furstenberg stepped down.
2. Fashion week used to take place at Bryant Park and Lincoln Center for. This year, it is largely taking place at Spring Studios, including IMG’s series of talks and panel discussions.
3. It’s a condensed schedule this Fall. Only 5 days and 5 nights.
4. YOU can be a part of Fashion Week this Friday. September 6th at 6pm, LadyDrinks is headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a private tour. Docent Margaret Samu of the Parsons School of Design will lead us on an hour tour of how fashion has evolved through the ages.
To become a LadyDrinks member, go to www.ladydrinks.com
To engage in upcoming events, see below
- September 6th A private tour of the Met: Fashion through the ages https://bit.ly/2XSGUCB
- September 6th Private tour of Women Only artists, San Diego Museum of Art https://bit.ly/2OBpNRJ
- October 3rd LADYDRINKS PUBLIC SPEAKING CLASS FOR LEADERS WITH ROBYN HATCHER, SPEAK ETC https://bit.ly/2KhnnU8
- October 8th LadyDrinks Chicago: Fireside Chat with Muralist Jenny Vyas https://bit.ly/2Ze2Tk1
- October 10th LadyDrinks Webinar “Building Company Cultures with Author Leena Patel” https://bit.ly/2TfISYn