New York Fashion Week
New York Fashion Week gets underway this week. What you need to know and how can you take part? Also, jumpstarting your productivity after the long holiday weekend.
Here is a lightning round of what you need to know about NY Fashion Week as it gets underway, and how you can take part
1. The first NY Fashion week was held in 1943, during WWII, when fashion industry insiders were unable to travel to Paris to see French fashion shows
2. 2019 is the year of Tom Ford. Ford is the newly-crowned chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). Diane Von Furstenberg stepped down.
2. Fashion week used to take place at Bryant Park and Lincoln Center for. This year, it is largely taking place at Spring Studios, including IMG’s series of talks and panel discussions.
3. It’s a condensed schedule this Fall. Only 5 days and 5 nights.
4. YOU can be a part of Fashion Week this Friday. September 6th at 6pm, LadyDrinks is headed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a private tour. Docent Margaret Samu of the Parsons School of Design will lead us on an hour tour of how fashion has evolved through the ages.
I always come back from a vacation with a bit of malaise. I took my foot off the gas pedal of my work life and now I gotta go from zero to sixty. If you are experiencing the same on this Tuesday, some of my tips for jumpstarting your productivity today.
I have attended two of Joe Apfelbaum’s virtual workshops and saw immediate returns. The number of people I’m networking with DAILY has gone up. The thought leadership I am generating has gone up. My overall views of my profile have gone up. At the end of the day, we are all building personal and professional brands. We are also looking to cultivate new business.
This course specifically helps people change the way they use LinkedIn for networking and sales; students who take the course will develop the strategy, assets, and accountability to be consistent with social marketing efforts. Our audience is mainly consultants, coaches, business owners, people in sales, or anyone who wants to learn how to leverage LinkedIn to build relationships, make connections, and grow their business.
We interview Leena Patel on “BUILDING COMPANY CULTURE” in our next LadyDrinks VIRTUAL WORKSHOP October 10th.
Leena Patel is author of the book Raise Your Innovation IQ For two decades, she has helped executive teams around the world lead change, drive innovation, and develop a winning culture of creativity, collaboration, and inclusion.
Who is this virtual workshop for:
- Anyone leading a non profit and building a culture
- Anyone in a corporate and building a team and its culture
- Anyone with a startup and looking to build the company values and culture
What you get out of the webinar
- 20 minutes establishing trends in the market, and how companies are innovating.
- 40 minutes where each attendee shares a situation specific to them and gets one on one coaching.
Our October 3rd workshop is for anyone who has ever wanted to be a better public speaker to attract more opportunities and be seen as a thought leader. An expert.
In this module, taught by LadyDrinks member and professional speaker Robyn Hatcher, we will learn to overcome our fears of public speaking, build our self confidence, and attract opportunities! Learn to increase your empathy. Learn to understand and read an audience.
- 20 minutes: Discover your “Why,” “Who” and “What” – Clarify your topic, your audience and your purpose for speaking
- 30 minutes: Create your “How” – Learn how to structure and outline an engaging presentation and how to create and incorporate story into your talk.
- 30 minutes: Polishing your “How to” – Tips and exercises on how to strengthen your delivery skills. – Body language and vocal tone.
- 40 minutes: Practice, feedback and questions